1. Refer to Big6 chart on Library page. Follow the link: Research Skills - Using the Big6 and read this article.
2. Always keep in mind the credibility of every source you are thinking of using. Refer to the Evaluating Websites wall on the library web page for guidelines.
3. Possible sources for historical or background information:
6. Things to keep in mind when considering stock from a company:
7. Remember to write using your own words. Do not plagiarize. See Plagiarism.org link on library page. Also use EasyBib link for help with citations.
8. Explore, ask questions, dig deeper.
Common Core Standards addressed in this lesson:
Research to Build and Present Knowledge
Research assignment from Mr. Martin
(This is NOT your official assignment. Please get that information directly from Mr Martin).
Students will conduct research to create a PowerPoint presentation explaining how the United States financial system works.
1. Federal Reserve
b) Function today
2. Research how the stock market works
3. Explain/define the terms stock and share.
4. What is required to purchase a stock?
5. List at least three companies that sell shares to the public.
6. List three companies that you feel you can successfully purchase stock in.
7. Explain how the value of a stock goes up or down.
Stock Market Game - track the history of a Dow Jones 30 stock and learn to calculate the return on your investment.
Find Personal Finance bonus items on the Students page of the school website.